Looking to purchase a laptop?
We often encounter requests for insights when people are looking to purchase a new laptop. It’s not surprising that the field of options is overwhelming when one isn’t normally engaged in the field of RAM, processors, etc.
So, rather than try to dig up past emails we are posting our current recommendations. Please be aware that they will be outdated in the near future.
- RAM – 4GB or more
- Hard drive – at least 250GB
- Processors – faster is generally better but they are hard to compare. Go with an Intel i5 if possible.
- Pay attention to screen size and resolution. Higher resolution screens are always good.
- We don’t shy away from refurbished units. We have had a lot of success and they have to pass thorough inspections
- We tend to pay attention to several sites for deals.