Enrollment Key – How do I set it?
To Edit an enrollment key in a Moodle course,
- Log into Moodle
- Click on the Course
- Users (in the Administration panel under Course administration)
- Enrollment methods
- Find “Self enrolment (Student) and click on the gear under the Edit heading. If you hover over the gear, the context menu will show “Edit”
- Suggested settings (based on Bundt’s experiences)
- Set the Enrolment key if you wish to require a key for students to enroll.
- Do NOT set Start date or End date — they have only caused problems in the past.
- Set the Unenrol inactive after to a value from 90 days to 150 days. This will clean out old enrolments automatically for students who have not accessed the course for that period of time.
- Save Changes and you are done.
If you wish to remove the enrollment key, simply clear the text of the Enrolment key in step 6(a).
You will need to repeat the process for each course.